Bookbyte agrees to purchase items from customers (defined below as “Sellers”) according to the following conditions. By clicking “Checkout,” the Seller acknowledges and agrees to these policies and procedures.
Buyback: a book or books sold from a customer to Bookbyte
Buyback Quote: the current posted sell price at the time a customer completes a buyback transaction
ISBN: acronym for International Standard Book Number, an ISBN is a 10- or 13-digit number that uniquely identifies a specific edition of a book
Resalable: a book’s ability to be resold, in that it meets the standards Bookbyte applies to its used inventory
Seller: a customer who creates a buyback order and sells books to Bookbyte
Volume Seller: a seller who agrees to modified terms, including the inability to use promotional coupons, in order to raise normal maximum order value limits
Book Buyback Quotes
When a Seller sells a book(s) to Bookbyte, he or she will receive a quote determined according to Bookbyte’s inventory levels and current market value. Bookbyte will pay the Seller this amount if the following conditions are met:
- Bookbyte receives and processes the book(s) within 30 days of the creation of the buyback quote. During the 30-day period, Bookbyte will protect the Seller’s original quoted price even if the value of the buyback quote as posted on Bookbyte’s site decreases. In the event a book(s) arrives after the 30-day period, the Seller will be paid according to the buyback quote posted on the site at the time the order is processed. Sellers are strongly encouraged to ship their orders within 7 days of placing an order to ensure the book arrives in time.
Bookbyte receives the items as described in the original order. Bookbyte recommends its Sellers take extra care when inputting buyback order information, as many textbooks have multiple editions, including international editions, which may have radically different buyback quotes. We no longer purchase or accept instructor edition textbooks of any kind, including annotated or non-annotated instructor's editions, or free or complimentary copies.
Additionally, Bookbyte recommends including all additional supplements (such as workbooks, CDs, access codes, etc.). These supplements are considered part of the book(s) being sold, as indicated by its ISBN, and may be required in order to receive the full buyback quote.
- The book arrives in “Good” or better condition. See “Book Condition and Related Factors” below for more information on determining a book’s condition.
If any of these conditions are not met, Bookbyte reserves the right to adjust Seller payment accordingly. The quoted price is non-negotiable. We will not increase the amount of the quote should the buyback value increase. Books with no resale value will be recycled or donated to charity.
We do not price match with other competitors. Prices listed on the website are non-negotiable.
Transfer of Ownership
Upon receipt of a shipped package into Bookbyte’s warehouse, ownership of the contents of the shipment transfer completely and wholly to Bookbyte. Bookbyte reserves the sole right to determine the value and condition of any included items according to its own standards and policies. Bookbyte also reserves the right to resell, recycle, or donate any item obtained through a buyback shipment.
The Seller is not able to cancel an order after ownership has transferred to Bookbyte.
Minimum and Maximum Order Size
Bookbyte will only process buyback orders valued at $10.00 USD or greater.
Sellers using our website may not generate more than $2,000 in buyback revenue within a 30-day period. This limit may be increased by applying for “volume seller” status. In order to become a volume seller, the following criteria must be met:
- Account must have been active for a minimum of 90 days.
- Seller must establish history of recently and regularly submitted buyback orders.
- Seller must not hold multiple accounts.
If approved for a limit increase, volume sellers are not permitted to apply promotional coupons to their buyback orders.
Book Condition and Related Factors
Bookbyte purchases a large variety of publications, including but not limited to textbooks, laboratory manuals, study guides, student solutions manuals, working papers, loose-leaf editions, and international editions.
Upon receipt, Bookbyte employees will evaluate a book and determine its value according to the following categories. These categories subsequently determine the amount paid to the Seller.
- Good condition includes books with minor to no signs of wear and tear. This includes staining, discoloration, writing, highlighting, markings, tears, and other general damage from use. All pages must be included and all text legible. Bookbyte pays the same amount for used and unused books in good or better condition.
- Acceptable condition includes books with excessive writing, highlighting, and other markings; cover damage; torn pages; odor; or severe staining. However, all pages must be included and all text must be legible.
- Poor condition includes books with missing pages or illegible text.
Bookbyte identifies and prices books according to their unique ISBNs. Different editions of books, such as international editions, may receive significantly different quotes. It is the Seller’s responsibility to identify the correct ISBN during the selling procedure. In the event that the Seller misidentifies the edition of a book while creating an order, Bookbyte will send a payment, according to its policies and the current buyback quote, for the edition received, not the edition listed when the order was created.
Seller accounts with a history of intentionally creating orders with incorrect ISBNs may result in non-payment, account termination, or forfeiture of shipments.
Book Shipping Procedure
Upon completion of a buyback quote, Bookbyte will provide a free, printable shipping label to the Seller in PDF format. To send the order, the Seller must print the label, package the book(s) into a durable shipping box, seal the box, and attach the provided label.
The Seller must then bring the package to the nearest USPS . Sellers should not place packages in an Express Drop Box or self-serve kiosk. These facilities do not support the type of shipping covered by our label, and shipping may be delayed significantly.
Bookbyte is not responsible for any loss, damage, lateness, or mishandling that may occur while an item is in transit. If you are concerned that your shipment might be missing, late, or damaged, please contact the shipping company.
While not required, Bookbyte recommends the following:
- Include print-out of order in the box. This increases the likelihood of retrieving an item lost if a box is improperly sealed or damaged while in transit.
- Purchase optional insurance through USPS. As Bookbyte cannot reimburse lost, delayed, or damaged orders, Sellers are encouraged to take the proper precautions with their shipping company.
- Ship within 7 days of placing the order. Quotes are secure for 30 days following the placement of an order. To ensure a package arrives within that 30-day timeframe, Sellers are strongly encouraged to mail within a week of completing an order.
Bookbyte issues payment according to the contents of a shipment, not the contents of the onsite buyback quote. Therefore, no payment will be issued for books that are included in the quote but not received. Likewise, books received in a shipment that were not in the original quote will be paid for according to the current quote price at the time Bookbyte processes the order. See section “Book Sent in Error” below for further information on discrepancies between the shipment and the order.
Book Orders Outside the US
Bookbyte does not accept buyback orders from outside the U.S.The buyback labels Bookbyte provides can only be used for shipping within the United States.
Books Sent in Error
Bookbyte is not responsible nor liable for any items received that were not included in the original order. If you believe you have sent an item in error, please contact Bookbyte Support via email immediately with information about the item.
Books received that are not on the original order will be paid at current buyback value or recycled or donated if we are not able to buy the book. We are unable to send these books back.
Payment times may vary depending on numerous factors.
- Transit. USPS Media Mail typically takes 4-14 business days to reach our warehouse.
- Processing. After delivery, our warehouse takes 3-5 business days to process orders. This can vary slightly during our peak seasons in December and May.
- Payment. Payment is typically issued the business day after processing is complete.
Sellers may choose between two different payment methods: PayPal or check. Payment by PayPal is issued the business day after processing is complete. Payment by check is sent via USPS First Class mail, which typically takes 3-7 business days to reach any destination in the United States.
Issued checks remain valid for 90 days. In the event of a lost, forgotten, or otherwise uncashed check, please contact customer service to receive a reissued replacement.
Sellers may only use ONE account. Creating multiple accounts circumvents our site’s thresholds and policies. A Seller who is found to be in possession of multiple accounts may be subject to payment delays, account suspension, or account termination.
Sellers who wish to remove our order size limits to become volume sellers should refer to the section “Minimum and Maximum Order Size” above.
Sellers creating accounts or importing inventory from outside the U.S. will be subject to additional review, and/or forfeiture of shipments.
Inauthentic, Pirated, or Illegally Obtained Books
Bookbyte reserves the right to inquire how items were originally acquired and request proof of ownership. While under investigation, payment may be delayed or withheld.
Any items submitted to Bookbyte that are determined to be illegally obtained or printed will be surrendered to the proper authorities (i.e., law enforcement, publishers, or retailers).